Miya Station

Miya Station: The Grave of the Returning Spirit (Miya no eki, Hangonzuka), from the series Fifty-three Pairings for the Tôkaidô Road (Tôkaidô gojûsan tsui)「「東海道五十三対 宮乃駅 反魂塚」Station 42, from a series jointly designed by Hiroshige, Kunisada, and Kuniyoshi.
"Once upon a time there was a woman named Fuji. Her husband went on an expedition to Oshu and returned home after a long absence. Her wife laments this and becomes empty at last. When she returned home after her husband's death, she made a request to a famous monk named Koji Higashigishi, who performed the law of rebellion, and later appeared during her marriage. It is called Fujime or Tsuka."
Publisher: Enshûya Matabei
Date: 1845-46
Image Size: 14 x 8 7/8 inches
Condition: Good color and impression, not backed, trimmed as shown.