Hiroshige II Utagawa
From "Toto Sanju-Rokkei" ("Thirty-six Famous Views of the Eastern Capital"). "Nakazu, Mitsumata". An eight-acre island called Nakazu ("Middle Strand") was constructed in the early 1770s; it soon became the new pleasure center of the city, with ninety-three teahouses, three bathhouses, and various restaurants. Destroyed in 1789, it was reclaimed by the Tokyo government in 1886. Here, a carpenter is building a boat at the bank of the river.
Condition: Margins as shown, good color and impression, some embossing in the smoke, some dirt, not backed.
Publisher: Uoya Eikichi